Grow your audience with every click by embedding retargeting pixels in every link you share. Supports Meta, LinkedIn, Google, Twitter and more.
Introduction to retargeting
Retargeting is the process of following anonymous users who have visited your website or content in the past, and showing them specific ads for the product or service they viewed.
What is a pixel?
The pixel is a powerful tool that allows you to do retargeting. It enables you to build retargeting audiences on various advertising platforms.
Conventionally, you could only pixel visitors of your own website, but Pixel enables you to pixel anyone who clicks your links, allowing you to grow your retargeting audience with first- or third-party content.
Which retargeting platforms do you support?
We support the following platforms:
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads
- Google Tag Manager
Managing retargeting pixels
Retargeting pixels can be managed by any user from the pixel page. After you've added the pixels to your account, you will be able to embed them each link you create or modify.
How to add a pixel
Pixels can be added on the pixel page by selecting the appropriate pixel provider from the dropdown, then entering the pixel identifier and a name for future reference.
How to remove a pixel
Any pixel can be removed from the pixel page by clicking the remove button.
You should know!
Removing a pixel will cascade remove the pixel from all associated links.
How to find your pixel identifier
Finding your pixel identifier for any given platform is usually as simple as choosing to install the pixel manually within your website, and looking for the unique ID within the script provided.
Creating the pixel within Facebook Ads manager is quite straightforward:
- Go to the Events Manager
- Click connect data sources in the sidebar
- Select web
- Select Facebook pixel
- Connect, and name your pixel
Your identifier is listed as Pixel ID.
To set up a remarketing audience in Google Ads for Pixel do the following:
- In your Google Ads account, click Tools
- Under Shared Library, select Audience Manager
- From the menu on the left, click Audience Sources
- In the Google Ads tag card, click Details If you have not yet set up the remarketing tag, click Set up tag
- Scroll down and expand the Google Ads tag section
- Scroll down further and select Install the tag yourself
- Copy the ID shown as after the prefix Google Ads: on the first line, for example 123456789
Due to Google's processing time, you may not see your hits recorded immediately.
Both Universal Analytics and the newer Google Analytics 4 are supported within the Pixel platform:
- Sign in to your Analytics account
- Click Admin
- Select an account from the menu
- Select a property from the menu
- Universal Analytics Select tracking info. Your identifier is displayed at the top of the page under tracking ID
- GA4 Select data streams and add a stream for web. Your identifier listed under stream details under measurement ID
How to create a Facebook Audience with a pixel
To create your pixel custom audience, go to Audiences in the Facebook Ads manager. Create a custom audience, and choose website as your source. Lastly, select your pixel. With Pixel you can segment your audience based on which short links they clicked by adjusting the ANY/ALL criteria. Check out this blog post for more information.